Ok, I don’t know what happened… For some reason, no sparrow progress since Oct last year. Anyway, I am back, and working on the Sparrow again!
I have now done som basic tests of the T1. I decided to tune the MP-1 to somewhere in the 40 meter band and then try to match it with the T1 on the other bands. The initial setting of the MP1 was as follows:
This article gathers my previously posted blog entries concerning the FT-817 CAT. The blog entries have now been archived and are not available anymore; however, all info should be present in this article.
I have just completed the assembly of the T1. The power on tests from the assembly manual are all all right. I must wait with the functional tests till I am back in LMX, because I have no 50 ohm calbes here.
I have now finished the control board as well. All resistance checks passed. I can not do the LED test, because I do not have the diode tester here, it’s in LMX. In any case, I have been very careful when mounting the LEDs, so they should be all right.
I have now finished the last two coils, L6 and L7, as well. Looking back I think it was a very good idea to make the coils in the same order as described in the assembly manual: L1 … L7. It starts with just a few turns and increases gradually up to 29 turns on L7.
So, I have spent most of the time since saturday noon on building the T1. I have made good progress so far; I finished almost everything on the main board except the last two coils, L6 and L7.